Hello, and welcome back to What’s Cooking?, the open thread where you get to share your brilliant thoughts, advice, recipes, and opinions on all things food-related. This weekend is Mom Day, and I want to hear what you are cooking for the maternal figures in your life.
My mother is actually visiting this weekend, which is cool because we haven’t spent a Mother’s Day together for some time now. Portland’s brunch scene is a hellscape on even the chillest of Sundays so I will be cooking, rather than venturing out. Naturally, I want to hear what’s on your menu, and I have questions.
- What meal(s) will you be preparing? My mom has requested eggs Benedict, which I will be making with the help of my sous-vide immersion circulator and this recipe from ChefSteps. I also plan to use smoked salmon instead of Canadian bacon, because my mother is worth it. Other than that, I just need to keep the fridge stocked with cheese and fruit. My mom pretty much eats one meal a day and then grazes the rest of the time, and those are her favorite things to snack on.
- If you have children, do you plan to involve them? I have no offspring, but plan to have the grand-dog entertain her while I cook.
- What kinda booze will you be serving the lady of honor? She is not a day drinker, so mimosas are out, but I plan to treat her to an evening margarita.
- Will dessert be involved? My mom doesn’t really like baked goods, but she adores chocolate, so I’ll be getting a few fancy bars of that.
- If you’re doing brunch, will it be sweet or savory? Savory, always and forever.
- Will breakfast be served in bed? No, because my mom is bad at staying in bed and doing that thing called “relaxing.”
As always, feel free to stray from the above questions and add anything remotely related to our topic at hand. Oh, and if you are the mom being celebrated, please describe your ideal Mother’s Day meal in the comments below.
Go to source
For More News!!!
Copyright or Author: Claire Lower on Skillet, shared by Claire Lower to Lifehacker
Copyright or Author:
Source Link: https://skillet.lifehacker.com/what-are-you-feeding-the-mom-in-your-life-this-sunday-1825838469
www.big4all.org #news #info #magazine #photo #pictures #world #health #crash #sport #business #gadgets #space #nature #social #follow #movie #celebrity #society #politic #tricks #tips #learn